The group program includes eight sessions and features a step-by-step plan for quitting smoking. Each session is designed to help smokers gain control over their behavior. The clinic format encourages participants to work on the process and problems of quitting both individually and as part of a group.
Each session is 1 hour long and each participant will receive a workbook, a ‘Smokeless’ kit, NRT (gum and/or mints) and access to an online source and help line.
Here is an overview of the program:
- Promo session (Week 1)
- Intro to ‘Smokeless’ (Week 2)
- ‘Taking Off’ session (Week 3)
- ‘Clearing the Clouds’ session (Week 4)
- ‘Breathing Easier’ session (Week 5)
- ‘Maintaining Your Course’ session (Week 6)
- ‘Staying on Top of It’ session (Week 7)
- Graduation celebration and certificates (Week 8)